Accountable Care Organizations
“Better Care. Better Health. Better Cost. Bigger Rewards“
The landscape of American healthcare is changing dramatically. Patients are demanding better, more coordinated care and payers are demanding a more efficient and outcome based alternative to the outdated fee-for-service reimbursement model. Enter the Accountable Care Organization (ACO). An ACO are groups of doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers, who come together voluntarily to give coordinated high quality care to their Medicare patients.
Meeting the requirements set out by the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC), requires an ACO to coordinate care and track the performance of disparate, fragmented information systems spread across a network of affiliated providers, often without any real-time insight on whether or not any of these key performance indicators (KPI) are on track for success. Coordinating this process is cumbersome, manual and costly.
In Italy, Value-Based Care isn’t a trend or a buzz word, it’s a requirement. The Italian system consistently ranks within the top 5 globally in healthcare provision and Dedalus, Europe’s largest Healthcare IT provider, has played a pivotal role in shaping the interoperability landscape. We’ve taken said expertise and translated it into the world’s most comprehensive ACO solution. An end-to-end tool that provides full care-coordination, semantic interoperability, real-time analytics and reporting tools based on ONC best practices.
- True Coordination of Care – Integrated aggregation of data across the care continuum from disparate sources.
- Quality Performance – Improved access leads the elimination of duplicate testing and inaccurate prescriptions, drastically reducing costs and, much more importantly, improving the quality of care.
- Improved Communication between Stakeholders – Multi-Institutional notifications allow providers to track a patient across the continuum of care and, in real-time, monitor the changes in the patient’s condition
- Real-Time KPI Tracking – Monitor your ACO’s clinical progress in real-time via the most elegant user-interface ever created in the analytics field.
- True Semantic Interoperability – Simply connecting two disparate sources does not equal interoperability. Dedalus ensures that every patient within the ACO has a single, unified identifier and that each organization utilizes the same terminology, securing the most accurate reporting capabilities of any platform available.